Thursday, August 7, 2008

Batman in IMAX

I saw Batman in IMAX tonight at the Irvine Spectrum. 1st of all, I need to have a screen like that in my home someday. That thing was awesomely amazingly huge! I guess I'd need to have a pretty big house. I was sitting about 25 - 30 feet away from it and had to look around to see the entire screen because the whole thing couldn't fit into my line of site all at one time.

About the quality of IMAX... it was like watching the story happen on location. It was funny to hear the crowd respond to the opening scene as the camera moves high over the skyline of Gotham. It really felt like we were hovering high above the streets below. It was a little scary.

This post has nothing to do with the content of the movie... it's just about the sweetness of the IMAX experience. The tickets to get in were $15. The money was well-spent. This was my 2nd time to see the movie so I saw it on a regular screen and in IMAX. I was glad I saw it in the other format first so I could know just how much better it was.

No comments: