Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Road Trip Last Weekend

I took a short road trip last weekend. I went up to San Louis Obispo to visit a former student and friend who attends Cal Poly. We ate at the world's best BBQ place; Firestone Grill. Then we saw Gran Torino. It was my 2nd time to see it. The acting was horrible (except for Clint Eastwood). However, the story more than makes up for it. I highly recommend seeing it.

The next morning I went up to see my college roommate and his family in Melo Park. I hadn't seen them since their wedding. It was so great to be back with old friends and share stories from college days and catch up to how life is now.

The following day I went back to Cal Poly for guys' night. Dinner and Batman Begins after some Texas Hold 'Em and The Office board game. Good times and a lot of junk food.

As important to the trip as the stops was the drive time between the stops. The weather was beautiful and the scenery was amazing. I also love the hours where the only interaction I have is with my thoughts. I get great ideas when my mind is left to wander.

Making great memories, catching up with old friends and creative thinking - three great reasons I need to get out of town more often.

No comments: