Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Keeping the Cold Away

Back to school means back to cold season. School's only been back in session a little while and suddenly everywhere I go students are sniffling, sneezing and coughing up germs that pass the gift along to us healthy people.

Several years I decided to be a little proactive to stave off the infectious bullets shot with every sneeze, cough or even turn of a doorknob with an unwashed, germ-coated hand.

Here's what's been a big help to me. I hope you'll do it, too, so there will be even less germ zombies out to rob the health of the living.

At the first sign of people getting sick, twice every day I'll:
- Wipe my ears out with a Q-Tip dipped in alcohol
- Rinse my mouth with listerine (must have alcohol in it). I let a little bit go down my throat to get any germs that may be lingering around

When I do get a cold, I:
- Do the things listed above
- Take Sudafed for congestion - it's non-drowsey and is the best decongestant available
- Wipe Blistix Medicated Lip Balm under my nose to prevent it from getting chapped

Also, I don't try to make people believe my cold is allergies. I hate when people do this. Just face it, do your best to not spread it and do what you can to get rid of it.

Here's to good health!

No comments: