Monday, December 15, 2008

Blue Like Jazz favorite quote

I've started reading Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller. It's a great book about his journey of faith. We have a connection in that are a year apart in age and both grew up in the Houston area and had deadbeat dads. I feel like we've gone down the same road both in life circumstances and spiritually. I'm only on chapter 3, so that may change the further I get into this book.

I love his writing style as much as his content. As my friend Doug Fields would say, "This guy really knows how to turn a phrase." His style is as brilliant as his message.

So far, my favorite quote from this book is, "I believe the greatest trick of the devil is not to get us into some sort of evil but rather have us wasting time. That us why the devil tries so hard to get Christians to be religious. If be can sink a man's mind into habit, he will prevent his heart from engaging God."

No comments: