Friday, December 19, 2008

Writer's Symposium - Donald Miller

Because I'm reading one of his books, I've grown curious to learn more about Donald Miller. To my surprise, I found a 1-hour video of him participating in a writer's symposium at my alma mater, Point Loma Nazarene University.

In this video, Miller reads a portion of his book To Own A Dragon then is interviewed by my former writing professor, Dean Nelson. While watching this interview, I felt like I got to know the author. However, as a writer myself, I also learned some valuable perspective on the mechanics of his writing... which it turns out includes a little superstition and finding a lucky coffee shop.

Here's a link to the You Tube video. It's worth a little bit of your time. There's a lot of humor, wisdom and genius involved. You'll have spent your time well and had a good laugh in the process.

Click Here to see the video.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I wanted to invite you to a webinar hosted by Donald Miller next Thursday morning on the subject of his new “Convergence” DVDs for small groups (mostly). Convergence is Miller at his best: doing honest talk about faith. On the first dvd set he talks to Dan Allender, Phyllis Tickle, Lauren Winner. He just recorded the next set with Randy Alcorn, Henry Cloud, John Townsend. You can listen in Thursday, Dec. 17 at 9 a.m. Pacific time (11 am PT, 12 pm MT, 1 pm CT, 2 pm ET). Go to https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/543081489 to RSVP for the webinar & we'll be sure to send you a reminder.
You can learn more about Convergence at www.allthingsconverge.com. If you have any further questions please feel free to email Monique@Lovell- Fairchild.com.

Thanks,
Monique Sondag