Saturday, December 6, 2008

Saving Money on Electronics

Word has it Circuit City is about to go under. They're already closing some stores. They, however, have saved me a lot of money over the last few years on electronics.

I've bought a couple of big ticket items from them because I know they have a 110% price match guarantee. I know I can usually find the item cheaper someplace else. When I do, I take the advertisement to them and get a lower price than I would have if I bought the item at the sale price at the other store.

Last week I bought a sweet new laptop at Circuit City for $729.00. This week it was advertised on the front page of Office Max's circular for $569.00. After taxes, I got a refund from Circuit City for 110% of the difference which came to $189.64. I was so happy. I knew I'd find the laptop cheaper, but didn't expect to find it that much cheaper.

I used some of my refund to purchase a TV tuner card and can now enjoy and record TV on my new computer. By the way... still looking for a better deal on the TV tuner. Wish me luck!

No comments: