Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Earthquake in Los Angeles

I'm in Tustin and felt the earthquake very strongly. Apparently it was centered near Chino Hills. This was a lot longer and stronger than other earthquakes I've felt.

I happened to be at my mom's house when it occurred. She was about to get in her car which is a Toyota Corolla. We stood there and watched it shake back and forth for a while after the ground stopped shaking. It was kind of crazy.

When it happened, I was on the phone with my sister who lives in Lake Elsinore. A few seconds after I started feeling it, she started feeling it out there. She said it made her dizzy and had to go lay down.

Right before I started writing this post I felt a little tremor which I'm sure was an aftershock.

They originally said it was a 5.6, but have since said it's probably a 5.8. The latest reading is 5.4.

No comments: