Sunday, July 6, 2008

Getting Your Email From Cox ISP On Your Cell Phone

A frustration I've had with my Cox Internet service is that they disabled my ability to check my e-mail from my cell phone's Internet program. The other day I had a hunch that, when I checked into it, turned out to be correct. This has been helpful even though I've had mixed results.

I logged onto my Cox account online and found where I can have my e-mail forwarded by entering an e-mail address. I'm a Sprint user so I have a Sprint e-mail address attached to my phone automatically.

Since I entered that address, I now get my e-mail forwarded to my phone. The reason I say "with mixed results" is that sometimes only part of the e-mail comes through and other times I see that I got an e-mail, but can't open it.

Until the new iPhone comes out, (and until I can afford to cancel my Sprint service) this will have to do.

I hope this is somehow helpful for anybody who was burned when Cox stopped this service.

Another option I plan to do, but haven't is to change to a Gmail account. That would solve everything... especially if I end up ditching Cox.

Have a good one,

Dennis

No comments: