Monday, June 30, 2008

Being a Christian is Fun

Ever so often I'll get in a financial bind, or I'll see one coming up. I do get stressed about these just because it's my human nature. However, I know that God's always testing my faith a little when this happens.

This week has been one of those weeks. Business has been slow lately, but the bills are still coming due. This weekend I've spent a lot of time praying, stressing, and trusting that he has a plan.

Saturday I thought I had it all worked out. In the back of my mind I felt I was settling for something less than what God had in store, but at least it was a solution. (That's what Abraham did, too). Sure enough, that plan fell apart. In my mind I had such a peace about it and knew that God had another solution.

Right now it seems again like maybe I see the answer. This one is an answer that I feel good about and that it might be his will. I won't know until later. I'm kind of anxious to see what happens.

Being a Christian is fun. We get to learn some sweet lessons and see God's hand in the way things work out. The more we go through these times, the more we can relax and rely on God's faithfulness. The quicker we learn that God is faithful, the sooner we'll enjoy times like this.

It is amazing to know something is about to happen, but not have a clue what it is. And then see God pull it all together at the last minute. He seems to usually do it in a way that can be explained in no other way than that he had the solution all along and was waiting for the right time to pull it all together. That's how I feel about this situation. I'm starting to see the pieces come together.

No comments: