Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Marking Out A Straight Path - Spiritual Direction

Tonight I was reading Hebrews chapter 12.

Verses 12-13 were very inspiring,

"So take a new grip with your tired hands and stand firm on your shaky legs. Mark out a straight path for your feet. Then those who follow you, though they are weak and lame, will not stumble and fall but will become strong."

Most people I know (including me lately) don't mark out a straight path for their feet spiritually. They try to live the Christian life, but don't have a long-term plan of where they want to go or how they want to develop.

These verses have inspired me to evaluate my spiritual life and consider where I'm at, where I'm heading, and how I may need to adjust my direction.

Thanks for reading,

Dennis

1 comment:

Kyle Cleveland said...

I need to do the same! Thanks for the encouragement... it is challenging me to be more intentional about my spiritual walk. YAGG.

-Kyle