Saturday, June 14, 2008

Eagle Scout Ceremony Today

Today I gave the opening and closing prayers at an Eagle Scout ceremony for one of my students. I don't even think I knew he was in the boy scouts until he asked me to participate in the ceremony a couple of weeks ago. However, during the ceremony I realized that this was a major part of his life. His dad and brother are also eagle scouts. This was a big deal.

He didn't come to small group very often because he always had lacrosse practice on Wednesday nights. The few times he was at Bible study, however, he was very involved. I just didn't get to know him very well because he was rarely there.

One of the things I need to work on is getting into the lives of my students... even the absent ones.

Since I'm working on evaluating my life, I'll add this to the list.

No comments: